Head of the Fintech and Banking Department. He has extensive experience in financial matters and digital markets, including digital payment processing systems, crypto-assets, digital loans, digital financial platforms, among others.
He also has vast knowledge in corporate matters, with emphasis on international transactions in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and project finance. He actively advises the Legal Council of the Fintech Chile association, an association that brings together more than 90 Fintech companies with presence in Chile and Latin America.
In his professional development he has represented cryptocurrency exchanges, digital lending companies, structured financing to Fintech companies advising digital platforms, payment processors, among others.
He previously worked as a foreign associate in the New York offices of Shearman Sterling LLP (2009 – 2010) focusing on the Capital Markets practice, and was a partner at Morales Besa law firm (2012 – 2019). He is an Officer of the Banking Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
He has been recognized by the international rankings Chambers Partners, Legal 500, IFLRS 100, Leaders League, LACCA, among others.
Attorney, Universidad de los Andes (2004).
Master in Law (LL.M.), Duke University (2009).
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS
- Fintech (2022 – 2023)
- Capital Markets (2022).
THE LEGAL 500
- Leading Individual in Banking & Finance (2022 – 2023).
- Capital Markets (2019)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (2019).
- Banking and Finance (2020 a 2023).
- Project Finance (2020 a 2023).
- Capital Markets: Equity (2020 a 2023).
- M & A (2020 a 2023).
- Banking and Finance (2020 – 2023).
- Capital Markets (2020 – 2023).
- M&A (2020 – 2023).
- Project Finance (2020 – 2023).
- Fintech (2021 – 2023).
- Corporate and M&A (2021 – 2023).
- Banking and Finance (2021 – 2023).
- Competition & Antitrust (2022 – 2023).
- Banking, Capital Markets: Equity, M&A, Project finance (2017).
- Corporate governments (2020).