Carlos has extensive experience in the financial sector as an in-house lawyer at three different local banks (1995-2000 and 2007-2008) and also as a consultant in the Special Situations area (insolvency and restructuring) at the former Inter-American Investment Corporation. , today the financial arm of IDB Invest ( Washington DC 2001-2002).
Carlos was deputy director (2004-2007) of the Specialized Unit on Money Laundering, Economic Crimes and Organized Crime of the National Prosecutor’s Office of the Public Ministry, where he attended courses on property investigations in matters of money laundering in Colombia, Guatemala and Switzerland. In that position, he was involved in transnational money laundering investigations with the German Federal Police, the Colombian National Police and the Dutch Police, in addition to intervening in money laundering trials in Chile.
He was General Counsel (2008-2018) and Compliance Manager (2012-2016) of Moneda Asset Management and all the subsidiaries of the group, in which he directly advised on the creation of local and foreign investment funds, as well as in their business, transactions, litigation and operations carried out by said funds, both in Chile and abroad.
- Lawyer, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (1993).
- Master of Laws, Mention in International Business Law, American University, Washington College of Laws (2001).
- Diploma of Specialization in Economics and Finance for lawyers, Faculty of Economics, University of Chile (1998).
- Diploma on Administrative Litigation, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2018).
- Fintech Course: Innovation and Open Finance, Universidad del Desarrollo (2023).